Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Sister's Keeper

Last week I talked about the "lunchroom incident" - as it will now be referred to. I was emailing the blond girl's teacher about another matter and asked about Madison's crying and for a few more details on the lunchroom scene to fill in the holes of the kids' story. Here is what she replied:


Yes, there has been a little crying in the morning this week. She seems fine after we start singing silly songs. :) Madison is really funny she will be crying and then stop because she is afraid she is hurting my feelings. She told me on the playground one day that she loved school and she loved me, but she wanted to stay home with Mommy. She's getting there. Sometimes the 2nd week and 3rd week are harder than the first because the 'new' has worn off.

There was an ugly incident in the cafeteria last week. Both Mrs. Ward and I were both right on top of it. Mason came to visit Madison in the cafeteria and one of the aides on duty did not understand why he was there and that he was given permission to go. I think this upset both Madison and Mason (of course). I walked back to the cafeteria as Mason was leaving and when I saw how upset he was we went to Mrs. Ward's room together. Mrs. Ward went directly in to speak to the aide about our arrangement AND the appropriate way to speak to students. I let Mason come to my room with Madison and they played for a while until they seemed OK and Mason went back to class. I don't think it will happen again.

I can't even describe how happy I am with Mas and with both of these teachers for looking after my babies in this way. Some people may know how difficult last year was for my son (and for those of you that don't, rest assured I will refer to it frequently, as it was possibly the worst school year in the history of the world.) That being said, the above simply illustrates not only what an improvement Mason has made, but what a difference a caring, loving teacher can make.

2 comments:

kacole said...

It's sweet that he loves her so much. He is a good big brother!

Anonymous said...

That is really great that this teacher stuck up for them and handled the cafeteria incident so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels


Translate