Monday, March 14, 2011

Just finished an amazing book

I just had to take a minute to tell you about this incredible book that I finished last night.


The title is "Inconceivable, A Medical Mistake, the Baby We Couldn't Keep, and Our Choice to Deliver the Ultimate Gift". 

I've been buying and downloading books kind of like a mad woman since I got my iPad last October. I almost always select something non-fiction, true stories, autobiographies. Well, I really got a lot to think about with this book. A medical mistake during an IVF (in-vitro fertilization) procedure. An unthinkable situation. . .you're pregnant with someone else's baby. You can terminate, but you can't keep him. Just an unbelievable story of how the woman carried another woman's baby to term, risking her own life, and just minutes after delivery handed him over to his genetic parents. 

Really, all of my mom friends reading this, please read the book so I have someone to talk to about it! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts. 

One other interesting fact - this all took place right in the town where I went to college and the author's father (John F. Savage) was a big donor to the university and has a gymnasium named after him. Small world! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels


Translate