Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mommy Journal Inspiration

Let me start this post by saying that I am apparently just terrible at "multi-tasking". I used to think I was good at it, but lately with trying to make items for etsy and a local craft fair I am doing, it is becoming quite obvious that I am not good at doing more than one thing at a time. Having given that disclaimer, please forgive my completely sporadic and random blog posts.

I did, however, find some inspiration the other day when I received an order for 4 Mommy Journals. {Yes, another family with 4 kids, and not from Texas}

This is what it said:

Dear tricia16,
Congratulations on your sale at Etsy! You sold 4 items to xxxxxxx4.

Message from xxxxxxxx4:
Hi! I've been wanting to keep a daily journal for my kids and am finally getting around to ordering some! I'd like the green stripped journal to say Axxxx. The design your own to be yellow, black, and white and say Axxxx. The one with the giraffe to say Axxxx. And the red one to say Axxxxx. :-) Thank you!


Reading those words from another mom just like me really made by heart flutter. By far, making these Mommy Journals is the most rewarding item in my etsy shop. Also, thinking about that mom of 4 that would soon be writing about her kids reminded me of how and why I started making these in the first place. I thought I would share my inspiration with you. 



Mason - my first born son. We waited until "later in life" to start our family, thinking we would be better prepared to handle the challenges of parenting and also have more patience. The early arrival (by 5 weeks) of Mason turned everything we thought we knew about anything right upside down.  Those first few hours of staring into his giant brown eyes changed my life in an instant. 

An entry from his journal - "Dear Mom, Mason has found the key" 2/16/10 



Madison arrived 3 years and 3 months after Mason. She was the sweetest, most content baby I could have ever asked for. She still just goes with the flow and is happy pretty much all of the time. She is such a little mommy, too. 


An entry from her journal, dated 2008, "You make-a-me irritate!"



Matilda was born just 16 months after Madison and has been a free spirit since her sudden and surprise birth on our kitchen floor. She is super friendly and very affectionate. 




In July 2008 she told me: "You the best mommy of my whole life." 



My red-headed baby boy Madox, born just 17 months after Matilda. It took me a really long time to accept the fact that I would be the mom of 4 kids. It was really something I had never even considered as having 3 was "pushing the limit" on what I thought I could handle. Of course, I can't imagine my life or our family without him.   


Just today he said (completely unsolicited I might add), "Mommy, I love you." On the other hand, on August 18, 2009, I recorded this: "I want Daddy snuggle me, not you."

I hope you have enjoyed hearing about my "Mommy Journal" inspiration as much as I love recording their words. 







1 comment:

Angie W said...

Love this! Just a few tears while reading :) What treasures - the kids and the books!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels


Translate