Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scrapbooking is a method for preserving personal and family history in the form of photographs, printed media, and
memorabilia contained in decorated albums, or scrapbooks. The idea of keeping printed materials of personal interest probably dates to shortly after the invention of printing. This trend is probably similar for photographs.

I think I have been scrapbooking since about the year 2000, the year Mason was born. Actually, I am not sure when I started but having Mason sure gave me enough material and incentive to get serious about preserving our family memories. And, wow, do I have a lot of memories preserved!

When I first got started, I just glued pictures to paper and wrote a few details about the time and place. Then, the scrapbooking industry exploded and there were products and papers for just about every ocassion and purpose. I was slowly and reluctantly brought along as my friends were pretty serious "scrappers". The last area of my resistance - using 12x12 scrapbook paper, instead of 8 1/2 x 11, was broken last year. Starting in 2008, I have converted completely to using the 12x12 format. Now, as of May 12, 2009, I have completed 1 full year (2008) using the new format. Here are a few of my favorite pages and memories from 2008.

School Pictures of Mason and Madison


Mason and Madison's first day of school


Massive hail storm we had last May.


Madox playing in the mud.

Matilda's 4th birthday party. She is such a photogenic girl.

My mom and dad (celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary this July)


Matilda's (pre) school pictures and her class.

I think I will go back and take a picture of something I did when I first started. If it's not too awful, I might post it here.

1 comment:

Angie w said...

great pages! Also, I'll have to show the fish pics to Billy! Way to go Mason!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels


Translate